Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Thanks for working in partnership with me this year in educating your children. It has been a wonderful year and I wish you and your children the very best in the new school year. A big thank you to Kristin L. and Gina W. for being our Parent Representatives and all those parents who volunteered in the library, to read to the students, and help with classroom projects. Thanks for supporting your child at home with their homework and home reading. You made the time to work with your children and this did make a difference.

I will be doing lots of traveling in Australia over the summer. Please send me an email or join me on Facebook to keep in touch. Your children have become part of my Shorecrest family and I want to know how they are doing. If you need anything in the new school year, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We wish our second grade friends, Stella D., Auggie F. and Nico B. all the best at their new schools. We will miss you, but know you will enjoy this new experience. Please keep in touch with us.

You have received a Summer Packet for ways to support your child's learning over the long summer vacation. Most importantly, encourage your child to read each day and continue writing in their journal or on postcards to friends.

I leave your children with this poem:

"You're a very special person,
And I wanted you to know,
How much I enjoyed being your teacher,
How fast the year did go!

Please come back to visit me
as through the grades you grow
Try hard to learn all that you can
There is so much to know!

The one thing I tried to teach you
To last your whole life through
Is to know that you are SPECIAL
There's no one else like you!"

Ms. O'Mullane

No comments:

Post a Comment