Monday, May 23, 2011

May 22-27

What a wonderful week we had last week with the digital portfolio showcase on Wednesday and the MOSI field trip on Friday. The students had a blast (and so did I).

This is our last full week of school before the summer break and I really can't believe where the time has gone. I thank you all for your partnership in educating your children - and what a fantastic class this has been to teach.

This week we are finishing off the last social studies and math units, as well as publishing some stories, reviewing math, writing reflections, and sharing facts we learned about our penguins. We are also performing our Readers' Theater to kindergarten and writing letters to the new second graders coming up.

June 1 is the last day of school and a noon dismissal. On this day, we will play some games, and after PE, will have a special morning treat (thanks to our room parents).

I want to thank Heidi J. and Chris F. for the amazing job they have done being our Room Parents this year. You made my job easier and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Next Tuesday, I will be sending home a Summer Packet, full of some ideas for review over the summer. The most important thing is to READ, READ, READ and have fun.

Have a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment